What It’s like to Live in New York City Today
New York City is one of the most popular locations in the world. This has made it a tourist hotspot as well as a hotspot for younger creatives looking to enter the entertainment industry. New York City is located in the United States with a population of over 8 million people. New York has been the subject of many movies and songs with a notable example being Jay-Z’s Empire State of Mind. If you’ve ever wondered about life in New York, keep reading.
- Cost of Living – New York City is the most expensive place to live in the United States of America. New York City is also the 9th most expensive place to live in the world. In New York, homes are easily priced at over 1 million dollars. The cost of living in Manhattan, New York is over 150 percent higher than the national average of the country.
- Noise – New York City is very loud. There is noise constantly, even at night. Of course, this depends on what area of New York you live in, but most are very noisy.
- Work – New York’s hustle culture is simply unmatched. New York City is filled with hard workers chasing their dreams. It is a very busy place where people are always on the move. The entertainment industry is huge in New York, and it is also where the famous Wall Street is located.
- Culture – New York City is a very welcoming city. People from different countries and cultures all live in New York peacefully. New York is home to almost every culture in the world with over 800 languages being spoken by its residents. New York City is accepting no matter the color of your skin.
- Transportation – Traffic in New York is insane, so a lot of people tend to commute by train because it’s fast, and it is very affordable.
- Sights to See – There are so many sights to see in New York. First, you have the parks. You have Madison Square Garden, Washington Square, Union Square, Central Park, the Empire State building, and a plethora of other sights. New York also offers amazing food options to try—foods from different cultures around the world. There are lots of vegan and vegetarian options in New York City as well.
- Energy – The energy of New York City is very vibrant and chaotic. If you’re a person who prefers calm and quiet, then New York is not for you. It is fast-paced, and it waits for no one.
With the current state of the world as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, New York City has taken quite the hit economically. A lot of the businesses in New York City are small businesses, and they suffered as a result of the lockdown and ensuing social distancing rules. However, New York City is anything if resilient. The residents continue to persevere, create and chase their dreams no matter what.